Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Morning Routine

source

What's your morning routine?

Do you like to crank up the stereo and dance around your room while you get dressed, or do you like to sit and enjoy a quiet cup of tea before heading out into the world, or do you throw on whatever clothes you can find and rush out the door at the last minute?


Most mornings I hit the snooze button at least once before getting up and dragging myself into the shower. By the time I have my hair washed I have figured out what kind of humour I'm in, and by the time I'm drying off I usually have figured out the majority of my outfit for the day.

Back into my rather messy and stuffy room and I open the curtains and window to let in a little fresh air (one of the downfalls of having a room that faces the sun in the morning* ) and start hunting in my overflowing wardrobe for whatever items I need to get dressed. Once dressed I blow dry my hair if I'm leaving it down, if I'm pinning it up I leave it damp (I'm lazy about my hair most days), put on a little make-up, sometimes foundation, sometimes eye shadow, sometimes blush, always mascara and lip balm, rummage in the wardrobe for a bag to match my outfit and transfer the contents of yesterdays bag into it. I rarely leave the house without some form of jewelry on.

I head downstairs to see who else is awake in the house and to see if anyone wants to car pool into college (it's easier to get parking if you car pool). I usually forget about having breakfast at home but sometimes remember to throw a cereal bar or yogurt or apple into my bag, I fill up a travel mug with coffee and I'm out the door doing a mental checklist of purse - keys - phone.

Isn't it amazing how habits form? What morning habits are ingrained in you?

* my housemate just reminded me that my room doesn't face the sun in the morning... doh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...