Friday, May 7, 2010

Like I'm Eight

source

Do you know whats lots and lots of fun to do?

Sneak into the local playground at dusk and have a go on the swings, and slides, and monkey bars, and climbing wall, and roundabout, and pretty much everything. It was pretty cool to feel like an 8 year old again, even if it was just for half an hour.

Remember back to when you were 8 - the biggest of my worries were probably wonderfully mundane things that felt like HUGE issues to me. Would I be finished playing outside before Thundercats was on tv? How could I persuade my mum to cook chicken nuggets for me again tonight? Did my next door neighbour want to play Hungry Hippos with me after tea? Was August too early to start making a Santa list? What kind of cake do I want for my birthday?

Just imagine for a few minutes if the biggest worry that you face today was whether your brother would let you have the remote after dinner. Isn't it a good feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...