Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I Done Good

source

After 9 years of building up the courage I donated my first unit of blood last night.

It took 6 friends, 5 other 'donatees' and 1 to hold my hand, 2 hours and 30 minutes out of my day, an amusing questionnaire, 2 glasses of 7up, a purple snack, a bag of cheese and onion Taytos, 2 plasters and an IBTS employee who thought that I was strange for bringing a friend with me to talk about shoes while they were inserting and removing the needle.

And I thought that I would feel better afterwards. Everyone said that I would get a warm, fuzzy feeling from doing something good, and to think of all the babies, motorcyclists and sick people that I would be helping. But I feel nothing - well not true, my arm feels a little heavy and I have a square bruise on my right arm - but I don't feel like I have done anything extraordinary at all.

Please tell me some of your stories from the first time you donated blood. Did you feel all warm and fuzzy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...